- Last chance to take in the 9th Annual National Arts Program City of Manchester Employee and Families Art Competition. Downstairs at the Art on the Wall at City Hall Gallery. Exhibition ends Aug. 27, 2014.
- 31st Annual Gail Singer Memorial Blood Drive, Radisson Hotel, 700 Elm St., Manchester, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Women in Tech Hangout 6:30 p.m. at Dyn, 150 Dow St., Manchester
- City libraries Closed – Staff Development Day
- 31st Annual Gail Singer Memorial Blood Drive, Radisson Hotel, 700 Elm St., Manchester, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- City Cafe, 542 Elm St. – 9:30 a.m. Kiddos and Coffee
- Around Town with NH EATS – 5-8 p.m., enjoy Around Town with NH EATS, a free food tasting and beer pairing event. Each of the founding partners of NH EATS will be hosting free tastings of signature menu items at their locations, as well as other activities, such as raffles and contests. Sam Adams Brewery will also be providing complementary (and complimentary!) beer pairings for each dish. Attendees can download an event map from the NH EATS website (nh-eats.com) or pick one up the night of the event at any of the participating locations. Event attendees can request stamps at each eight participating locations and be eligible to win a $25 gift card to one of the NH EATS founding partners.
- 900 Degrees Neapolitan Pizzeria, 50 Dow Street
- Gauchos Churrascaria Brazilian Steak House, 62 Lowell Street
- Hooked Seafood Restaurant & Raw Bar, 110 Hanover Street
- Ignite Bar & Grille, 100 Hanover Street
- Jade Dragon, 1087 Elm Street
- N’awlins Grille & All that JAZZ, 860 Elm Street
- Palace Theatre, 80 Hanover Street
- Red Arrow Diner, 61 Lowell Street
- West High School Library – 10 a.m. Children’s Storytime
- 12 p.m. Lunch In Veterans Park
- 3 p.m. Concord Street Farmers Market
- West High School Library – 4 p.m. Kids crafts – Legos Club/Wonderloom Bracelets
- Dancing Lion Chocolates: 4:30 p.m. Life As Art Summer Series. Each Thursday Dancing Lion Chocolate will host a local artist outside the shop. The Life as Art summer series includes interactive demonstrations of cartooning, drawing, painting, clay sculpting and more, and directly connects to the shop’s philosophy of “Chocolate as Art.” This week: Paint with Ellen Davison. More info here.
- Dancing Lion Chocolates: 6:30 p.m. Chef Class: Baking Croissants with Savory Chef Jeff is a hands-on course for the home baker in understanding the ingredients and mastering the techniques that will enable you to make your own real French-style croissants. There will be plenty to bring home after the class! $65 per person.
- West High School – 3 p.m. “Toy Story” (PG)
- Radisson Hotel: 5:30 PM First Annual Fashion’s Night Out for South Sudan – It’s Our Future Foundation will be hosting a Fashion Show and Silent Auction on August 29 at the Radisson Hotel. Couples: $75; Single: $50 Early Bird: $35
- Studio 550: 6 p.m. Date Night in the Pottery Studio – Everything for a couple is included with the listed price (materials, tools, instruction, etc.). Basic pottery lesson and then you will be set free on the wheel to make your own creations. Feel free to bring your own chocolates or beverages.
Date nights will be offered from 6-7:30 or from 7:30-9 p.m. For $60 per couple, all materials and instruction is included for a 1.5 hour lesson. The piece you make will be available for pick up three-four weeks after your date. Contact: Monica Leap email@example.com 603-232-5597
- Cruising Downtown Car Show : 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. – The Manchester Rotary Club is once again proud to bring Cruising Downtown back to Manchester on the Saturday of Labor Day Weekend. The annual family friendly event, which features more than 500 classic cars and trucks on display along Elm Street, offer fun and entertainment for young and old. The event features live music throughout the day, along with great food from local restaurants and merchandise vendors