NOTE: All information provided by Manchester Police Department. If you have questions or issues with arrest log information, click here for MPD contact information or to fill out a contact request form.
MPD on Facebook – This is where Manchester Police currently post all public press releases. You can click-through directly to the page on Facebook.
Daily Police Activity Log
Lists daily police activity by date, location and incident number.
Weekly Arrest Logs
Current week only, updated weekly on Fridays. Details names and addresses of those arrested and incident number.
Manchester Police 2021 Crime Report: Read the full 25-page report below.
Below: 2022 Gun Violence Reduction Strategy Report
⇒ Click here for crime data map dashboard – you can search crime by location, date and time
- Once there, you can click the “Recieve Alerts” button in the top right corner to set up an alert for crimes in your neighborhood.
This week’s interactive Crime Map and Data (6-2 to 6-8, 2022) (click map below to enlarge for snapshot view)
MPD Crime Stats
Click here for MPD’s Public Data Dashboard and archives: Below is a snapshot of crime in the city for the most recent week available (click to enlarge).
Reactive Calls – Call for service that result from a community member requesting police response to a problem.
Reactive Call Type TreeMap (the blue boxes): A visual representation of the Top 5 reactive calls that officers respond to. The size of each box is proportional to the volume of calls.
Common Reactive Call Types
- Check Condition of Subject: A member of the public calls the police requesting an officer check on an individual. The could be for a wide range of reasons from a family member who they cannot contact, to a mental health call, to someone who appears to be in distress.
- Check Area for Problem: A member of the public calls the police advising there is some kind of problem that they need an officer to check on.
- Unwanted Subject: A member of the public calls the police requesting an officer remove someone who is not wanted. This could be from a business or on someone’s property.
- Accident: A motor vehicle accident
- Alarm Burglary: An alarm that has been activated at a residence or a business and the alarm company’s central station has alerted the police to respond.
- Average Total Time on Call (minutes): The average time a reactive call for service takes from the time an officer is dispatched until they clear the call.
- Median Total Time on Call (minutes): The median time (in minutes) a call for service takes from the time an officer is dispatched until they clear the call.
Proactive Calls – Call for service that is initiated by an officer.
Proactive Call Type TreeMap (the blue boxes): A visual representation of the top 5 proactive calls that officers respond to. The size of each box is proportional to the volume of calls.
Common Proactive Call Types
- Special Attention: An officer who is conducting a directed patrol in a certain area. These are usually generated at the request of the public for the police to focus on a particular area or address.
- Hotspot Patrol: A directed patrol in an area identified as a “hot spot” of crime. Officers are deployed to these areas as a crime prevention strategy.
- Business Check: An officer who is checking on a business.
- Traffic Stop: A motor vehicle stop being conducted by an officer.
- Check Subject: An officer conducting a proactive check of someone acting suspiciously or someone who needs police service.
- Violent Crimes: UCR Part I Violent Crimes- Homicide, Rape, Robbery, Aggravated Assault.
- Property Crimes: UCR Part I Property Crimes – Burglary, Theft, MV Theft, and Arson
MPD Wanted List
A running list of those wanted on active outstanding warrants.
Appreciate an independent local source of news and information? Consider supporting the InkLink with a one-time financial contribution. Just click here! Or discover our super cool V.I.P Program – get engaged, get involved (get a free T-shirt AND discounts to your favorite local businesses) and change the way local news is reported and consumed!