LONDONDERRY, NH – In May, agents, staff, and volunteers from Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Verani Realty offices across Massachusetts and New Hampshire donated approximately $55,000 worth of cash, supplies and volunteer time to deserving area individuals and nonprofits. From monetary donations to yard cleanup and work days, agents brought awareness and resources to neighbors in need.
“All of us believe that by enhancing the lives of others, we become a better company, and the impact of the May Day campaign is a perfect illustration of that,” said President Giovanni Verani. “It’s our hope that our efforts can help to better our communities and inspire others in the cities and towns where we live and work by showing there are many ways to offer help to those in need. Congratulations and thanks go out to all who were involved in this comprehensive effort.”
The 2018 VeraniCARES May Day campaign included:
- A $20,000 donation to Veterans Count, a charity and assistance program for veterans and military families throughout New Hampshire, Maine, Rhode Island, and Vermont from Verani’s North Andover, Portsmouth, Exeter, and Commercial offices – the funds were raised through a standup comedy event;
- Installing new appliances, deck repairs, and soundproofing materials for veterans by agents in Verani’s Londonderry office;
- Yard work and home maintenance for area seniors by Verani’s Nashua office
- A $500 donation and participation in Concord Hospital’s Rock ‘n Race to benefit the HOPE Center at The Payson Center for Cancer Care at Concord Hospital by Verani’s Concord office;
- A $3,200 donation to Greater Manchester Habitat for Humanity projects that will assist eight families in Manchester from Verani’s Bedford office, which raised funds through a gala auction event;
- A $1,500 donation to the Save our Homes Walk and the Somerville Homeless Coalition from Verani’s Somerville office;
- Participation in the first annual Lake Winnipesaukee cleanup day by agents at Verani’s Moultonborough office;
- A $2,000 donation to New Beginnings – Without Violence & Abuse in Laconia from Verani’s Belmont office, which is also hosting an annual charity motorcycle ride and pancake breakfast on Saturday, June 16 for Bike Week; and
- Helping organize food donations and supplies and a $1,000 donation to Food for the Hungry Food Pantry in Salem from Verani’s Windham office.