This week’s round-up of live entertainment in and around Manchester is brought to you by A. Robert Dionne of Ted Herbert Music School & Rentals. If you know of something brewing on the live music scene, send it to email@example.com for consideration. You can also list your music event in our community calendar.
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 16th
- Chad LaMarsh / Currier (Manchester) / 5pm
- Tom Rousseau / Fratello’s (Manchester) / 5:30pm
- D-Comp / Derryfield (Manchester) / 6pm
- Chris Taylor / Firefly (Manchester) 6pm
- J-Lo / Stumble Inn (Londonderry) / 7pm
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 17th
- Ralph Allen / Village Trestle (Goffstown) / 6pm
- John Chouinard / Coach Stop (Londonderry) / 6pm
- Josh Foster / Backyard Brewery (Manchester) / 6pm
- Randy & Brad Duo / Auburn Pitts (Auburn) / 7pm
- Liz Ridgely / Copper Door (Bedford) / 7pm
- David Corson / T-Bones (Bedford) /6pm
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 18th
- Sean Coleman / Murphy’s (Manchester) / 5:30pm
- Phil Jakes / Cactus Jack’s (Manchester) / 6pm
- Silver Springs / Smuttynose (Salem) / 6pm
- April Cushman / The Foundry (Manchester) / 6pm
- Neon Rodeo / Bonfire (Manchester) / 7pm
- Dank Sinatra / To Share Brewing Company (Manchester) / 7pm
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 19th
- Tanya Dutt / Riverhouse Café (Milford) / 11am
- Kevin Horan / Great North Aleworks (Manchester) / 2pm
- The Wholly Rollers / Shaker Village (Canterbury) / 4pm
- Becca Myari / Strange Brew (Manchester) / 4pm
- Alex Roy / Cheers (Concord) / 5pm
Always be sure to check a venue’s website or Facebook page for last-minute changes.
The Palace Theatre
80 Hanover Street ~ www.palacetheatre.org (603)668-5588
QUEEN OF THE NIGHT: A Tribute to Whitney Houston / September 10-26
- The only artist to chart 7 consecutive #1 Billboard Hot 100 hits. The first female artist to enter the Billboard 200 album chart at #1. A solo artist with 8 consecutive multi-platinum albums and a movie soundtrack ranking in the top 5 biggest-selling albums of all time! The Palace Artistic Team has created a night to celebrate the music of 6-time Grammy Award-winning artist, Whitney Houston.
ANOTHER TEQUILA SUNRISE (Eagles Tribute band) / September 16th at 7:30pm
SPAIN AND HERON / September 19th at 5:30pm / Spotlight Room at the Palace
- Armed with guitars, banjos, mandolins, fiddles, bouzoukis, and more, this rare pairing of 2 outstanding musicians and songwriters will surely be a don’t miss the performance of traditional and original old-time folk music.
The Rex Theatre
23 Amherst Street ~ www.rextheatre.org (603)668-5588
FRIDAY NIGHT COMEDY: JAMIE KALER – September 17th at 7:30pm
- An accomplished actor, comic, host, voice-over artist and podcaster, Jamie Kaler is probably best known for his starring role as “Mike” on the hit TBS show, “My Boys”.
SCARAB – The Journey Experience – September 19th at 7:30pm
- Founded in 2010, “SCARAB… THE JOURNEY EXPERIENCE” has become the biggest touring tribute to Journey in the nation.
LIVINGSTON TAYLOR – September 25th at 7:30pm
- His musical knowledge has inspired a varied repertoire, and he is equally at home with a range of musical genres—folk, pop, gospel, jazz—and from upbeat storytelling and touching ballads to full orchestra performances.
The Majestic Theatre
880 Page Street ~ www.majestictheatre.net (603)669-7469
The ALIBIS – October 1-3 / Majestic Studio Theatre
- We challenged eight playwrights to find the comedy in crime in this rogue’s gallery of ten-minute plays wrapped in a classic whodunnit. When eccentric billionaire J. Leslie Arlington is murdered, a clueless detective finds the suspects are all reluctant to admit their alibis . . . because they were all committing other ridiculous crimes at the time. You never know what’s coming next when your suspects include disgruntled chefs, teen detectives, and vengeful divas, but one thing’s for certain: Every alibi is absolutely absurd.
SPAMALOT: SCHOOL EDITION – October 15-17 / Derry Opera House
- MUSIC: TUPELO MUSIC HALL / www.tupelomusichall.com
- DAVID COOK – September 16th / David Cook (Winner of American Idol’s Seventh Season.
- TOM RUSH – September 17th / Rush delights audiences and contemporaries alike with his flexible vocal style, memorable guitar compositions, and brilliant lyricism.
- TUPELO NIGHT OF COMEDY – September 18th / Featuring Paul Gilligan, Chris Penne, and Matt Brown.
- MARTHA DAVIS AND THE MOTELS – September 19th
- GRANITECON – September 18 & 19 / DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Downtown / Meet comic book creators and entertainment guests, take part in the costume contest, check out the vendors, and more.
- THEATRE: WHITE RABBIT RED RABBIT – September 10-26 / Hatbox Theatre
- Produced by the Community Players of Concord www.communityplayersofconcord.org
- FALLS/FESTIVALS: Saturday, September 18th
- Derryfest / MacGregor Park on East Broadway / Featuring kids activities, live animals, demonstrations and performances by local groups throughout the day, food and more. See www.derryfest.org .
- Pelham’s Old Home Day / Parade, craft fair vendors, cornhole tournament, food trucks and chicken poop. www.pelhamoldhomeday.org
- Fall Equinox Festival / Swasey Parkway Exeter / Hosted by TEAM Exeter and featuring food vendors and live music as well as kids activities and artist vendors. www.teamexeter.com
Email your entertainment events to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Be sure to add your events to the InkLink calendar for possible inclusion in the live radio report on WMNH 95.3 (The Morning Show with Peter White – “World of Entertainment” LIVE every Thursday at 8am).