Photos by Jeffrey Hastings/Frame of Mind Photo
MANCHESTER, NH – Manchester Fire kicked off Fire Prevention Week with is annual fire apparatus parade on Elm Street in Manchester. Despite some dissipating showers, the eclectic mix of apparatus rolled along the parade route, with plenty of lights and sirens to delight the many children in the crowd.
Awards were given out at the end of parade to the following:
- Best Appearance Antique Apparatus Award – Steve Davis, 1981 Mack, ex- City of St. Albans
- Best of Show Antique Apparatus Award – Larry Pickett, 1978 Mack, ex – Jay Vol and ex Milford
- Best Restoration Apparatus Award – Mark Mattice, 1949 Mack, Model L
- Best in Service Apparatus Award – Hooksett, NH, 2013 HME International, Tanker 1
- Best In Service Ladder Award – Hillsboro, NH, 2017 Pierce 107′ Ladder 1
- Best In Service Engine Award – Meredith, NH, 2016 Pierce Engine 4
Also as part of the week-long awareness campaign, Manchester Fire Department provided activities for kids and live demonstrations, which included one with Cy the accelerant detecting dog – who was cheered on by his predecessor, the recently-retired Wynett. A demonstration on fire sprinklers and smoke detectors was also focussed on fire safety lessons. Manchester Fire Explorers competed in a specially designed muster, allowing these young fire fighters to test their skills.