Road rage shooting in Manchester leads to police chase and arrest of New London man

Print Friendly
image1
Alexander Stevens

MANCHESTER, NH — On February 1, 2015 at approximately 7:22 a.m., New Hampshire State Police received a report from a motorist on I-93 in Manchester that he had been shot at by a man driving a red Saab station wagon in an alleged road rage incident, police said.

State Police located a red Saab matching the reported description a short time later on I-89 in Concord. The driver, later identified as Alexander Stevens, 52, of New London, refused to pull over and a pursuit with State Police from Concord to New London on I-89 followed, including the placement of spike strips along the 30-plus mile route.

Police said Stevens got off the highway and drove to his residence in New London. At the time of his arrival, three of the tires on the Saab were deflated from three different sets of spike strips.

Once at his residence, Stevens ran into the house and refused to come out, police said. A perimeter was set up and communications were established with Stevens, who emerged a short time later and was arrested without further incident.

He was charged with: reckless conduct; disobeying a police officer; criminal threatening; resisting arrest; possession of a narcotic drug; and operating after suspension.

Stevens was brought to the Merrimack County Jail where he was held on $15,000 cash bail. He is scheduled to be arraigned in Concord District Court on February 2, 2015 at 11 a.m.

New Hampshire State Police Troopers were assisted by the New London and Sunapee Police Departments.

About Carol Robidoux 5379 Articles
Journalist and editor of ManchesterInkLink.com, a hyperlocal news and information site for Manchester, NH.