Woman injured in Amherst Street fire

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Paramedics transport a woman from the scene of a house fire on Amherst Street. Photo/Jeffrey Hastings

MANCHESTER, NH – A woman was injured in a fire on Amherst Street Tuesday.

Manchester firefighters responded to a report of a fire on the second floor of 625 Amherst St. on Feb. 19. Smoke was showing from the second-floor windows as firefighters made entry into the residence.

Smoke coming from the second-floor windows of a residence on Amherst Street. Photo/Jeffrey Hastings

Occupants of the second floor had exited the building, with one woman suffering from burns. AMR of Manchester transported the victim to the hospital while evaluating other residents on scene.

A firefighter works to ventilate a residence on Amherst Street where a woman was injured. Photo/Jeffrey Hastings

Crews knocked the fire down and did extensive work on the second floor of the building.  According to District Chief Brendan Burns the fire appears to have started when an occupant used a flammable liquid to start a fire in the fireplace causing the fire and suffering burns.

We’ll update the story as we receive more information from fire officials.