Winslow pleads guilty to driving with suspended license on night of girlfriend’s murder

Sign Up For Our FREE Daily eNews!

Jeremy Roye Winslow, right, was sentenced Wednesday in Hillsborough County Superior Court North. Photo/Pat Grossmith

MANCHESTER — Jeremy Roye Winslow, the man whose girlfriend was shot and killed last March in an incident near Club Manchvegas, was sentenced Tuesday to nine months in jail after he pleaded guilty to driving with a suspended license the night of the murder.

Winslow, 34, of Manchester entered a guilty plea before Judge Amy Messer in Hillsborough County Superior Court North.  A charge of possessing cocaine was dismissed, according to Assistant Hillsborough County Attorney Donald C. Topham.

Winslow’s girlfriend, Tanya Hall, 34, of Hudson was shot and killed on March 2 allegedly by Justin Moura, 35, of Manchester.  Moura is charged with reckless second-degree murder.

Ronald Hall, Hall’s father, attended the sentencing but declined comment.

Winslow, garbed in an orange jail uniform, said he understood the rights he was waiving in the plea agreement.  The judge asked if he was on any medication and he said he had taken an anti-depressant but that it did not have an effect on his pleading guilty.

“I plead guilty, your honor,” Winslow answered when the judge asked him how he pleaded to the misdemeanor charge.

Winslow has been detained in the Valley Street jail since his arrest five days after Hall’s death.  He was given credit for 98 days of pre-trial time served and given a work release recommendation. With good conduct, Winslow could be free in about 90 days.

The night Hall died, Winslow and Moura had a fight on the dance floor of Club Manchvegas on Old Granite Street — shoving and punching, according to Detective Kevin Jusza.

Hall and Winslow left the club but as Winslow was driving away, Moura ran after them.  Moura told police that after words were exchanged at the Jeep, he turned to walk away and Winslow yelled out the window, “I’ll kill you.”  Winslow allegedly drove the Jeep towards him, knocking Moura to the ground.

Moura, who was a U.S. Army infantryman,  ran after the Jeep but he slipped and the gun went off, he claims.

The bullet went through a side window on the Jeep and struck Hall, who was in the front passenger seat, in the back, killing her.

Moura went to the police station two days later, said he fired the gun and turned in the murder weapon, a 9 mm handgun.

About this Author

Pat Grossmith

Pat Grossmith is a freelance reporter.