MANCHESTER, NH – Next week the city will celebrate Manchester Welcoming Week with a series of kick-off events that are free and open to the public:
- Kick-Off Party 9.18.18 | 5:30 p.m. | Jupiter Hall | 89 Hanover St.
- Citizenship Celebration 9.19.18 | 5:30 p.m. |SNHU campus, 1st floor of Kingston Hall.
- Community Night 9.20.18 | 5-8 p.m. |Currier Museum of Art | 150 Ash St.
- The Story of US 9.21.18 | 5:30 p.m. | Jupiter Hall | 89 Hanover St.
- Children’s Storytime 9.22.18 | 11:15 a.m. | The Bookery Manchester | 848 Elm St.
- The History of Immigration Photo Exhibit now through 10.31.18 | Manchester City Library | 405 Pine St.
According to their mission statement, Welcoming Manchester, an offshoot of Welcoming NH under the Welcoming America umbrella, “strives to ensure the success and well-being of Manchester’s immigrants by working in partnership with the local community to create opportunities for immigrant advancement and to encourage mutual understanding, a spirit of welcome, and a common purpose.”
You can check out the full calendar of Welcoming Week events here.
Across the country Welcoming Week will be celebrated in communities large and small, bringing together immigrants, refugees, and native-born residents to “raise awareness of the benefits of welcoming everyone.”
In 2017, there were more than 700 Welcoming Week events held around the country.
Welcoming Week is sponsored locally by Diversity Workforce Coalition, comprised of employers and other community members whose purpose is to promote diversity in the workplace through education, training, enhanced networking opportunities, and to identify and connect resources to its members and the public.
Scroll for the full list of Welcoming Week events below: