I need your help. Last week I announced a new format for the Weekly Roundup. After taking a couple of months off from the blog, I’ve come to the conclusion that I can no longer commit a day and a half each week tracking down event listings.
Starting this week the new format will be limited to my top picks and any events you share with me through the event submission form.
The new format is also going to include more community events.
After attending a lot of roundtables, symposiums, and other similar discussion events, it’s become abundantly clear that many of the challenges faced by local businesses stem from the fact that a lot of people feel disconnected from the world around them.
- The exodus of millennials from the state
- The rise in depression in people from all age groups
- The inability to find a resolution to the homeless crisis and opioid epidemics
- Increases in crime and gang activities
I’ll keep it as business oriented as possible, just don’t be surprised if you see the occasional social event or activity that focuses on bringing people together to solve a community problem.
HINT: Sponsoring a community event is a great way to get your company name noticed in the community, 🙂
Top Business & Networking Picks for 4/28/19 – 5/4/19
- 603 Networking: Manchester 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM Monday, April 29th Hilton Garden Inn Manchester – Downtown 101 S. Commercial Street, Manchester, NH
- My Turn’s Bright Futures Event 5:30 PM – 9:00 PM Thursday, May 2nd, Derryfield Country Club 625 Mammoth Road, Manchester, NH
- FaithBridge Safety & Security Saturday 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM on Saturday, May 4th at FaithBridge Church 301 S. Main Street, Manchester, NH
Reminder: I can’t share your event if you don’t tell me about it. (event submission form) Deadline is 5:00 PM every Wednesday.
The Weekly Roundup is a listing of upcoming regional business and networking events in Manchester, Bedford, Hooksett, and Goffstown. It includes Business to Business (B2B) and Business to Consumer (B2C) networking events, as well as local business groups, free and paid business training, workshops, and seminars.
For more information about upcoming business and networking events please visit the Queen City Buzz Business Networking & Events Calendar.