Weekend update: 2 stabbed outside 7-Eleven, gunshots reported, 2 charged with assault

Sign Up For Our FREE Daily eNews!

Screenshot 2016-06-13 at 11.29.04 AM

MANCHESTER, NH —Manchester Police were dispatched to 7-Eleven, 85 South Main St., at 10:55 p.m. on June 11 for an altercation involving multiple people. Several calls flooded dispatch for gunshots in the area at the time of the fight call, so units arrived on scene and tended to the stabbing victims while others located spent shell casings two blocks east of 7-Eleven.

Police located two men who had been stabbed during a fight in the store parking lot. They also located several spent shell casings in the area of School Street and Third Street. It is unknown if the gunshots are related to the fight call which occurred in the 7-Eleven parking lot. Both incidents remain under investigation.

First-responders tended to a 42-year-old male stabbing victim who sustained a serious stab wound to his chest while in the parking lot of 7-Eleven. A 20-year old Manchester resident also sustained a stabbing injury during the altercation. He was treated at a local hospital for injuries sustained to his face. He was treated and released. The other victim remained in the hospital due to the serious but non-life threatening chest injury. This does not appear to be a random attack and investigators continue to follow-up on several leads regarding potential suspects in the stabbing incident.

The gunshot call also remains under investigation and it is unknown if it was related to the stabbing call. It does not appear that anything was struck by the bullets, however several spent shell casings were retrieved from the area.


Two men were arrested Saturday night for allegedly assaulting two residents of Weare while in the area of Mechanic and Plaza streets. The incident occurred at approximately 1:50 a.m. on June 12. The two victims were repeatedly punched and kicked, allegedly by two men after the victims were knocked to the ground.

Arrested were Christian David, 20, of 461 Rimmon St., and Trevor Hodgeman, 21, of 83 Trahan St.,shortly after the assault took place. Both men were arrested near the location of the assault, on Mechanic Street.


The two victims sustained injuries as a result of the unprovoked attack. Both men stated they were walking on Mechanic Street when Hodgeman allegedly challenged them to a fight, which they refused to engage in. They continued walking toward an address on Mechanic Street when David and Hodgeman allegedly began assaulting them. The victims were knocked to the ground and repeatedly kicked and punched as they attempted to cover up their face and head. One victim sustained a deep laceration to his left eye, as well as scrapes and bruises on his body. The other victim also sustained cuts and bruises as a result of the attack. One victim was treated at an area hospital for a serious but non-life threatening eye laceration. The other victim refused medical care.

David allegedly removed money from the pocket of one of the victims and also damaged one of their cell phones after the assault. Officers attempted to speak to David but he remained uncooperative during the investigation. He engaged in a brief struggle with Officer Michael McGee before he was placed into custody and transported to police headquarters.

David was charged with unarmed robbery, second-degree assault, criminal mischief and resisting arrest/detention. David was released on $10,000 cash or surety and is scheduled to appear in the 9th Circuit Court-Manchester on July 19, 2016.

Hodgeman was charged with second-degree assault and appeared in the 9th Circuit Court-Manchester on Monday June 13, 2016.

email boxYou’re one click away! Sign up for our free eNewsletter and never miss another thing

About this Author

Carol Robidoux

PublisherManchester Ink Link

Longtime NH journalist and publisher of ManchesterInkLink.com. Loves R&B, German beer, and the Queen City!