Here are some highlights for the weekend (we count Thursday as a weekend because who doesn’t love a four-day weekend?) courtesy of our friends at MyGoodGoodManchester:
- Makers in Manchester August 2014 Meetup – Calling all Manchester creators: the Makers in Manchester August meetup will be held from 6 to 7:30 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 21, at Cafe la Reine, 915 Elm St.
- Chef Class: Zen Brownies – Learn how to make the perfect brownie during “Baking Zen Brownies,” a workshop to be held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 21, at Dancing Lion Chocolate, 917 Elm St.
- 2014 Love Your Neighbor Summer Picnic – Manchester will hold a summer picnic from 5 to 7 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 21, at Victory Park.
- Bicycle Traffic Skills Group Ride – Gain safe cycling skills and build confidence on a Bike Manchester bicycle group ride with League of American Bicyclists-certified Safe Cycling instructors starting at 6pm, Thursday, Aug. 21, at the parking garage adjacent to Pandora Mill, 88 Commercial St. Its free, but register via the link.
- “Opera at the Cafe” – The Friends of Stark Park 2014 Summer Concert Series continues with a performance of “Opera at the Cafe” by Opera NH at 6 p.m., Thursday, August 21, at Stark Park.
- Be a spectator! The New Hampshire Cross Country Festival, a series of competitive and community races for all ages and abilities, will begin at 3 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 23, at Derryfield Park.
Aug. 23 & 24
- Greekfest 2014! – Annual food and culture fest at Assumption Greek Orthodox Church, 111 Island Pond Road. Click the link for hours and information on this 2-day affair.