Domestic call leads to arrest as police, AG, investigate ‘suspicious death’ on city’s West Side

Sign Up For Our FREE Daily eNews!

FOM 2019 7704
A man in handcuffs is searched before he was taken from the scene of a ‘suspicious death’ on Amory Street Tuesday night. Photo/Jeffrey Hastings,

Story UPDATE: 911 call by murder victim made in vain, suspect charged

UPDATE: 12:17 a.m. Police have one man in custody following an incident the city’s West Side Tuesday night resulting in a suspicious death investigation.

Police  responded to 55 Amory St., a high-rise apartment building, for a “domestic in progress.” Manchester Fire and AMR were dispatched at 9:50 p.m. for an assault victim. Police determined the scene was “unsafe” for rescue crews unsafe and set up a perimeter.

Several more police cruisers continued arriving to the scene with officers running into the building. At one point at least 20 police cruisers were reportedly outside the building. A crew from AMR was given clearance to come into the building and at 10:05 p.m. several officers removed a male in handcuffs from the building, bringing him to the transport van where he was searched and then put in the van. As he was being escorted to the van building residents had their windows open and were yelling obscenities at him.

FOM 2019 7727
At least 20 police cruisers responded to 55 Amory St. Tuesday night. Photo/Jeffrey Hastings,

A short time after EMS entered the building they came out, put their equipment away and cleared the scene without transporting anyone.

At 10:30 p.m. police issued a press release stating an untimely death investigation was underway and that the Attorney General’s office was assisting.

Several people at the scene reported hearing shots fired. At 12:16 a.m. the Attorney General’s office issued a brief confirming that a suspicious death investigation was underway.


MANCHESTER, NH 10:30 p.m. – There is a police presence on Amory Street due to an “untimely death” investigation.

Manchester Police Capt. Brian O’Keefe reports that officers responded to a 911 call at 9:55 p.m. and they remain at the scene with members of the New Hampshire Attorney General’s office.
The investigation is active however police say there is no danger to the public.
We’ll update this story as soon as we have more information.

Screen Shot 2019 07 23 at 10.35.45 PM

Jeffrey Hastings contributed to this report.

About this Author

Carol Robidoux

PublisherManchester Ink Link

Longtime NH journalist and publisher of Loves R&B, German beer, and the Queen City!