Unattended gas parlor heater may have sparked Gates Street fire

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
File Photo

MANCHESTER, NH – A gas heater appears to have ignited a fire at a multi-family residence on Gate Street Sunday morning.

At about 11:19 a.m. Manchester Fire was dispatched to 14 Gates St. for a report of a fire. Companies arrived to find smoke coming from the second floor of a three-story multi-family dwelling. The fire was located in the living room near a gas parlor heater.

The fire was contained to the room of origin. There was minimal fire damage but extensive smoke damage throughout the apartment. Nobody was home at the time of the fire. The fire is under investigation.

Estimated damage is $2,000.

Locator map.