UBER WILL PICK UP YOUR GOODWILL DONATIONS, NO CHARGE
MANCHESTER, NH – Whether you are in favor of Uber here in Manchester or still on the fence, you can participate in a different kind of service on May 2 when the ride-for-hire company dispatches drivers to pick up your donations to be delivered to the nearest Goodwill store.
According to Uber’s website the service is completely free. All you have to do is follow these steps:
- Bag up your clothing such as jackets, shirts, pants, blouses and any other items of clothing you’re willing to donate
- Open your Uber app between 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on Saturday, May 2
- Request GIVE at the bottom of the screen
- If you’re connected, an SUV will arrive to pick up your items – and will drop-off your donation to a local Goodwill location
The fine print:
- All clothing must be bagged for drivers to accept your donation
- Drivers will arrive at your requested pickup location. Please keep in mind drivers can’t leave vehicles unattended – we ask that you bring your bagged clothing out to meet your driver when they arrive
- #UberSpringCleaning will be in high demand so please be patient!
- Those who are able to donate on May 2 will receive a follow-up email early next week with tax receipt information
If you’ve already cleaned out your closet or if the promotion isn’t happening in your hometown, you can still help your local Goodwill by finding your nearest donation center here.