Street fight leaves 2 ‘bleeding profusely’ from stab wounds; 1 charged for disorderly conduct

Sign Up For Our FREE Daily eNews!

Spencer Johnson
Spencer Johnson

MANCHESTER, NH – Multiple patrol units responded to the rear alley of 438 Dubuque Street at 11:40 p.m. Aug. 31 for a large fight. Officer Mark Aquino observed two individuals who were bleeding profusely. The two victims, ages 19 and 37,  were identified and transported to Catholic Medical Center for treatment of stabbing wounds and blunt force trauma. The injuries are non-life threatening.

The 19-year-old victim sustained a single stab wound and three laceration on his back and one large laceration on the back of his skull. The lacerations were most likely caused by blunt force trauma he sustained while being struck with either a baseball bat or large stick.

The 37-year-old victim received a lone stab wound to his back. Both he and the other victim claim to have engaged in a fight with several individuals. They declined to be specific and refused to identify the parties involved in the fight.

Officer Aquino was waiting for AMR to arrive when he observed a disorderly subject yelling and swearing at the two victims. Spencer Johnson, 21, of Manchester, repeatedly failed to vacate the area as directed by Officer Aquino. Johnson allegedly walked toward the two victims while screaming at them even though he was told on several occasions to cease his disorderly behavior.

Officer Rob Megowen arrived on scene and made contact with Johnson. After running a name check, police realized Johnson had several active warrants, so he was taken into custody for an arrest warrant (theft by deception and receiving stolen property) and an electronic bench warrant (operating after suspension and negligent operation). Johnson was also charged with disorderly conduct based on his behavior. He was also placed on a 72-hour hold due to a probation violation. He will appear in the 9th Circuit Court-Manchester on September 1, 2015.

The two opposing groups were allegedly feuding over a stolen item. The investigation remains active, so no further details are available at this time. It is unknown if the men are still hospitalized or were treated and released.

email boxYou’re one click away!  Sign up for our free eNewsletter and never miss another thing.



About this Author


Carol Robidoux

PublisherManchester Ink Link

Longtime NH journalist and publisher of Loves R&B, German beer, and the Queen City!