Fifth shut-out loss of the season for the home team.
MANCHESTER, NH – The Monarchs closed out a three-game weekend at home with a 3-0 shutout loss to Worcester on Sunday afternoon.
“We stunk,” Head Coach Mike Stothers said. “We weren’t very sharp. It was not just any one individual, it was the whole team.”
Today was Manchester’s (32-13-5-2) fifth straight game surrendering the first goal. They fell to 6-3-0-1 against Worcester (29-17-4-2).
J.F. Berube took the loss at home in regulation for the first time since Nov. 7. Aaron Dell earned his 7th win of the season and extended Worcester’s point streak to six games (5-0-1-0).
John McCarthy opened the scoring 36 seconds into the first period to give the Sharks a 1-0 lead.
Taylor Fedun skated from the blue line into the slot and backhanded one past Berube to make it 2-0 Sharks at 2:58 of the second period.
Willie Coetzee scored the empty netter at 18:17 in the third period to finish off the Monarchs 3-0.
The Monarchs return to the ice on Friday night with a 7 p.m. against Hartford at the Verizon Wireless Arena.
- Manchester went 0-for-4 on the power play. Worcester was 0-for-5 with the man advantage.
- The Monarchs have fallen behind 2-0 in each of their last four games.
- Today was Manchester’s first shutout loss at home since Dec. 28 vs. POR.
- The loss snapped a seven-game point streak at home for Manchester.
- Jordan Weal played in his 200th AHL game today.