MANCHESTER, NH – Not everyone is a fan of the Star Wars franchise, but for those who are, May the 4th is more than just another Monday this year: It’s Star Wars Day!
We searched the galaxy for special Star Wars Day deals and events in New Hampshire. Although we missed the Manchester Library’s May 1 kids Star Wars trivia event, here are a few ways you can still enjoy this whimsical holiday (or go rogue and design your own home-based celebration):
O’Neil Cinemas, Epping, NH: Monday May 4th, you can purchase small popcorns and regular drinks for $2 each. Plus, all evening shows will be $1 off regular ticket prices. Come celebrate this quirky holiday the best way you should: at the movies!
Amy’s Hallmark/Pheasant Lane Mall in Nashua: Receive A Fourth OFF your total Star Wars purchase by posting a picture of your favorite Star Wars product in your social space using #Hallmark and #StarWarsDay.
Star Wars: The Clone Wars screening: Keene Public Library, 60 Winter St. in Keene, including games and contests:
Just in case you’re in need of further inspiration, StarWars.com has compiled a list of 10 fun ways you can celebrate your love of a galaxy far, far away.
- Have a Star Wars movie marathon with friends and family! But do you start with the prequels or the original trilogy? Do you mix in some episodes of The Clone Wars? Better decide before your guests arrive, or you may spend the day in a heated debate.
- Dressing up for special occasions is important, and May the 4th is no different.Wearing anything from your favorite Star Wars shirt to full-on Stormtrooper gear is completely acceptable. (It’s okay to dress up your pet, too. Bounty hunter bulldogs are especially encouraged.)
- Food is an essential part of any holiday. Star Wars Cake or Bar2D2s, anyone? Find a variety of recipes on StarWars.com!
- Toast the saga with the ultimate Star Wars-themed beverage: blue milk, just like Aunt Beru used to make! (Fortunately, unlike Aunt Beru, you don’t own the droids the Empire is looking for.)
- Feel the Force with Star Wars crafts: turn old socks and rocks into awesome Star Wars keepsakes! Learn how to make a Chewbacca Bookmark, Hoth Snow Globe, and more at StarWars.com!
- Have you Vadered anyone yet? Now’s the time to give it a try… and be sure to tweet your photo to @starwars using the hashtag #Vadering!
- You know that Rebel Alliance symbol tattoo you’ve been thinking about getting? Today’s the day.
- Picnic in the Park: You don’t need Star Wars Day to do this, but you could invite some friends, grab a blanket and some Star Wars themed good eats, and spend the afternoon discussing your favorite scenes/characters.
- As Yoda said, “Pass on what you have learned.” Introduce a younger sibling, family member, or friend to Star Wars!
- Do you have any Star Wars toys that you don’t need any more? Donate them and make May the 4th really memorable for children in need.
Or my personal favorite activity from when my kids were young: Watch Thumb Wars with them:
Will you be getting a tattoo? Getting married? Donating toys? Or is there another way you’ll be celebrating? Let us know in the comments section below!