MANCHESTER, NH — St. Mary’s Bank recently announced $12,000 in scholarships for the 2019–2020 academic year. The credit union held a reception at its McGregor Street headquarters June 26 to recognize the 12 recipients, who each received $1,000.
Eight scholarships were awarded to St. Mary’s Bank members and four were awarded to a child, grandchild or great-grandchild of a St. Mary’s Bank employee, a new scholarship program this year.
“Our scholarship reception is one of my favorite gatherings. We have the opportunity to recognize some of our members for their hard work and cheer them on as they continue their education,” Ron Covey, President and CEO of St. Mary’s Bank, said. “We wish them much success as they continue their journey.”
St. Mary’s Bank received over 115 applications and the scholarship committee made their choice based on students who demonstrated volunteerism, ambition, and resiliency through adversity.
- Ryan Cardow currently attends Manchester Community College and is majoring in general education.
- Jennifer Clayton, currently attends State University of New York at Albany and is studying for her Masters in Social Work.
- Mackenzie Conner, will attend Roger Williams University this fall and will major in biomedical engineering.
- Kiana Evans, will attend Rivier University this fall and will major in nursing.
- Madalyn Evans will attend Franklin Pierce University this fall and will major in Elementary and Special Education.
- Kimberly Harrington attends the University of Rhode Island and is majoring in Civil Engineering and French.
- Tatiana King currently attends Roger Williams and majors in Forensic Science with a concentration in Biology.
- Eden Locke will attend Eastern University this fall and will major in social work with a minor in Psychology.
- Aislinn Low will attend the University of New Hampshire and will major in Neuroscience and Behavior.
- Alexander Stodolski attends the University of New Hampshire and is majoring in Business Administration with a focus in data and marketing analytics.
- Meredith Stisser currently attends Emerson College and is majoring in Visual Media Arts Production with a minor in Environmental Studies and Political Science.
- Benjamin Templeton currently attends the University of New Hampshire and is majoring in sustainable agriculture and food systems.
About St. Mary’s Bank
Founded in Manchester, New Hampshire, in 1908, St. Mary’s Bank is the first credit union in the nation. It makes progressive financial products and services available and affordable to consumers and businesses. Members enjoy excellent service, competitive rates, low fees, and state-of-the-art banking services. Headquartered in Manchester, New Hampshire, St. Mary’s Bank has locations in Manchester, Hudson, Londonderry, Milford, Nashua, and Concord. For more information, call 1-888-786-2791 or visit www.stmarysbank.com.