MANCHESTER, NH — Dates for the last day of school of the 2017/18 school year and the first day of the 2018/19 school year have been confirmed.
Because Manchester schools closed for seven days related to weather this school year and also had two delayed openings and two early releases, the loss of instructional hours exceeded the five-day allowance in the academic calendar. Therefore, three more days have been added to the year, and other adjustments have been made.
- The last day of school for students in kindergarten through grade 11 will be Friday, June 15 instead of June 12, 2018.
- The last day for preschool students remains on Friday, June 8.
- The scheduled teacher professional learning and organizational activities will be June 18 and 19, 2018.
- June 15 will be an early release day for elementary students and teachers as well as preschool teachers; middle and high school students and teachers will go to school for the full day.
- Final exam days for high school students also have been adjusted and are set now for June 12, 13, 14, and 15.
Additionally, the Manchester Board of School Committee approved the 2018/19 academic calendar. The first day of school for students will be Wednesday, September 5, 2018, while teachers will report for professional learning days on August 31 and September 4.
Other significant dates in next year’s academic calendar are no school for students during teacher professional learning days on September 11 and November 6; no school on Wednesday, November 21 before the Thanksgiving holiday weekend; and the anticipated last day of school, barring make-up days for weather, is June 13, 2019. High school graduation at the SNHU Arena is set for Saturday, June 15, 2019. The full calendar is posted online at www.mansd.org.