MANCHESTER, NH — Today I announce my candidacy for the At-Large Alderman seat in the City of Manchester. I have lived in the City of Manchester for 16 years and have always appreciated the fine things that this city has to offer its citizens. Its tourism, natural wonders, historic sites and many other attractions make this city a truly remarkable place to raise a family, start a business and have a quality of life like none other.
I have always shown my pledge to the citizens of Manchester, NH, through years of community support and advocacy, parent volunteerism in our local schools, School Representative on Title I funding and School Grants, Co-Author of the 2007 Adopted Professional Development Plan for the Manchester School District.
I will continue to advocate for reduction of governmental spending, supporting a high quality education for all students, reduction of taxes upon the residents and businesses alike by staying within the tax cap, support future quality services such as rail transit development and to keep the voices of the citizens, whom I represent, the highest priority of all.
I understand supporting your family must come first and I will not ask anyone who cannot afford to contribute money to my campaign to take from their own financial obligations. For those who can, I thank you for your support. The best support that can be offered, more than money itself, is your vote and support to elect me as your Alderman-At-Large. It costs nothing to utilize the rights given to you by our nation and those who fought bravely in wars to see our rights are upheld.
Secondly, I offer this to those of the City of Manchester who wish for a leader who represents them in our city government and is willing to take a leadership role in preserving the city we as citizens have come to love and enjoy.
Before all of you today and to those in Manchester, NH:
- I pledge my service to you and to all citizens of Manchester, NH.
- I pledge to be a leader who works to move our city forward for many generations to come.
- I pledge to dedicate myself to the preservation of historical places and environmental conservation throughout Manchester, NH.
- I pledge to take responsibility, if I am elected as your Alderman-At-Large, to uphold the highest values all citizens of the City of Manchester.
- I will take full responsibility to uphold the line on spending and take a strong stance against those who wish to override the tax cap that the majority of citizens in this city chose to put in place.
On a final note, I wish all candidates the best in their run for office. May we go forward in September and November and elect leaders who will be truthful, honorable and represent the people they serve with the utmost distinction and understanding.
Thank you all for your support. I welcome you to call or e-mail me anytime with concerns, suggestions, ideas or comments at 603-674-5828 or E-Mail at: email@example.com
Robert “Bob” Tarr
Candidate for Alderman-At-Large
City of Manchester NH