Overnight Odd/Even Parking Restrictions
The City of Manchester’s overnight winter on-street, odd/even parking ban goes into effect on the morning of December 1 at 1 a.m., and will run through April 15. Please note the following rules:
- Where parking is normally allowed on both sides of the street, parking is permitted only on the even-numbered side of the street during even-numbered months (i.e., December and February) and only on the odd-numbered side of the street during odd-numbered months (i.e., January and March)
- Where parking is normally allowed only on one side of the street, parking continues to be allowed on that side every night (i.e., there are no overnight restrictions)
- No overnight prking is permitted on the curcular portion of dead-end sul-de-sacs.
Snow Emergency Parking Restrictions
Upon declaration of a snow emergency, vehicles must be removed from both sides of all City streets. Typically, snow emergencies are in effect from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am, but these hours may be expanded during heavy storms. Any vehicle in violation will be removed and impounded.
Off-street Parking Options
The City makes three locations available for free parking during snow emergencies:
- Victory Parking Garage, located at Amherst and Chestnut Streets.
- Pearl Street Parking, located off Orange Street between Elm and Chestnut Streets
- NEW LOCATION – BEHIND West Side Arena located at 2 Electric Street.
Note that snow emergency parking at these locations is only permitted from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. of the following morning. Vehicles parked outside these times must pay to park or they will be issued a parking citation. Normal parking fees of .75 cents per hour outside of snow emergency times will be enforced and must be paid at any meter in the garage.
The City announces snow emergencies via the following:
- White, flashing strobe lights at major intersections
- Electronic Alerts (Sign up for Snow Emergency Notifications)
- Website announcements, on the City’s home page and elsewhere
Car towed? Here’s what to do
Vehicles that are towed due to parking violations are impounded and stored in the city’s Vehicle Impound lot located in the parking lot adjacent to the Bridge Street entrance to Derryfield Park.
- In order to recover an impounded vehicle, the owner will be required to present proof of ownership and pay $110 in cash. (Cash Only)
- This must be done within 24 hours of the time when the vehicle was towed.
- Vehicles not recovered within 24 hours, will be subject to additional storage charges.
- This is in addition to the $75 fine for parking in violation of a Snow Emergency Declaration.
A Snow Emergency is called to allow City crews to plow the full width of the streets. Upon declaration of a Snow Emergency, vehicles must be removed from the City streets. Snow Emergencies take effect from the time determined by the Director. Any vehicle parked in violation of parking restrictions will be removed and impounded.
Related: This Facebook group helps residents find places to park during a Manchester Snow Emergency.