Porch fire on Taylor Street due to careless smoking

No injuries were reported.

Sign Up For Our FREE Daily eNews!

FILE

MANCHESTER, NH – Fire crews responded to a porch fire on July 6 at 209 Taylor St. early Thursday morning.

Companies arrived just after 2:30 a.m. to find a partially extinguished fire on the third-floor porch. A line was stretched to the third floor and the fire was extinguished by fire department personnel.

The fire was reported by a passer-by who alerted residents of the fire. The fire was held in check by the first-floor tenant using a garden hose as the fire department responded.  Fire was contained to the second- and third-floor porches. 

Damage is estimated at $5,000. Cause of the fire was determined to be improper disposal of smoking materials.

About this Author

manchester-fire-department

Manchester Fire Department

The mission of the Manchester Fire Department is to provide the City of Manchester with superior customer service and integrated emergency response to any situation that threatens the life, safety and well-being of people and property.

Facebook