Porch fire at at West Side residence due to careless smoking

Sign Up For Our FREE Daily eNews!

File Photo

MANCHESTER, NH – Fire crews responded to a residence on Notre Dame Ave. Tuesday for a porch fire, which was put out quickly by a neighbor with a garden hose.

At about 1:17 p.m. Manchester Fire Department responded to a multi-family residence for a building fire, situated within a densely populated West Side neighborhood. A second-floor tenant smelled smoke and found flames on the first-floor porch and called 911. Prior to the first arriving fire apparatus, the first-floor tenant grabbed a garden hose and extinguished the majority of the fire. Engine 6 overhauled the porch and extinguished the remaining fire.

The cause of the fire is considered accidental due to improperly-disposed smoking materials

The damage was estimated at $2,500.

About this Author

manchester-fire-department

Manchester Fire Department

The mission of the Manchester Fire Department is to provide the City of Manchester with superior customer service and integrated emergency response to any situation that threatens the life, safety and well-being of people and property.

Facebook