MANCHESTER, NH — Police are investigating what they described as a “non-credible, generic threat” at Hillside Middle School that came in via social media Wednesday morning.
Police say a screenshot of the threat appears to be generic in nature and most likely originated elsewhere, but multiple students have reposted the threat on their social media accounts, so police are investigating to ensure the safety of all students.
Parent Rob Azevedo said he decided to keep his son home from school after his son showed him the image.
“As a parent, what do you do — roll the dice send them to school? Leave them home all day?” Azevedo said. He opted to keep his son home.
Lt. Brian O’Keefe said police are currently investigating the source of the threat, and whether it even originated in New Hampshire. He said police are working with the school district to release a joint statement once the investigation is concluded.
In the wake of last week’s shooting at a Florida high school, the Board of School Committee is holding a special meeting Feb. 22 at 5 p.m. to discuss school safety issues and procedures.