City Works is a regular feature which endeavors to provide a preview of projects coming before the Planning Board, Zoning Board and Heritage Commission by posting agendas and relevant information to keep the public informed about what is happening.
ZONING BOARD UPDATES
The Manchester Zoning Board met on Thursday, August 12 at 6 p.m. at City Hall in the Aldermanic Chamber. If you missed the meeting, it will be available for viewing on-demand. During the meeting, the following decisions were rendered:
- ZBA2021-063, 6 Frontage Road – variance granted
- ZBA2021-77, 270 Amory St – variance granted
- ZBA2021-078, 2343 Elm St – variance granted
- ZBA2021-079, 1332 Island Pond Road – variance granted
- ZBA2021-080, 5 McPhail St – variance granted
- ZBA2021-083, 1405 River Road – variance granted
- ZBA2021-084, 155 Anthony St – tabled
- ZBA2021-085, 341 Lake Avenue – variance granted
- ZBA2021-086, 414 Kelley St – variance granted
- ZBA2021-073, 321-323 Taylor St – variance granted
- ZBA2021-087, 284 Hanover St – variance granted
- ZBA2021-081, 655 South Willow St – variance granted
- ZBA2021-089, 603 Beech St – variance granted
- ZBA2021-090, 215 Prospect St – variance granted
The following cases were requests for rehearing:
- ZBA2021-046, 97 Sheffield Rd – variance granted
- ZBA2021-055, 296 Orange St. – denied, no material difference in case as presented.
PLANNING PUBLIC HEARING
The Planning Board will be meeting on Thursday, August 19 at 6 p.m. The meeting will be broadcast live on Channel 22. A full copy of the meeting agenda can be found here. Project applications and other materials for this meeting are available online.
CU2021-013: 420-422 Belmont Street, Neighborhood Business Zoning District
Applicant, Estanislao Antonio Zapata is requesting a conditional use permit application to allow the sale of alcoholic beverages associated with a restaurant establishment of up to 5,000 SF.
S2021-008: 73 Hanover Street and 875 Elm Street, Central Business Zoning District
Keach-Nordstrom Associates, Inc for Chongos, LLC is presenting a subdivision application to adjust the common lot line by transferring 2,284 SF to Lot 7 from Lot 36.
SP2021-019, 216 Elm Street, Central Business Zoning District
Applicant has requested a postponement to September 2, 2021 meeting. Granite Engineering, LLC for 216 Elm Street Properties, LLC is presenting a site-plan application to add drive-through services to an existing fast food restaurant, with associated site improvements.
SP2021-020, 100 McGregor Street, Urban Multifamily Zoning District
TFMoran for Catholic Medical Center is presenting an application to amend a previously approved site plan by decreasing the overall building by 38,552 SF and adding a new loading dock and MRI dock with canopy.
SP2021-021, 284 Notre Dame Ave, Urban Multifamily Zoning District
TFMoran for Catholic Medical Center is presenting a site-plan application to construct an 18,147 SF, 2-story central utility plant with associated site improvements.
SP2021-022, 603 Beech Street, Civic-Institutional Zoning District
Joseph M. Wichert, LLS for 603 Beech Street, LLC is presenting a site-plan application to change the use of an existing office building to a congregate living facility.
PLANNING BOARD BUSINESS MEETING
- CU2021-013, 420-422 Belmont Street
- S2021-006, 563 Candia Road
- SP2021-018, Sheffield Road
- PDSP2021-002, 315 Kimball Street