MANCHESTER, NH — This year marks the 50th anniversary of New Hampshire’s first McDonald’s restaurant, located at 196 South Willow St. in Manchester. The community is invited to celebrate at a special event on Saturday, Dec. 20, where the whole family can enjoy special food deals during the week leading up to the event. The restaurant will host fun-filled festivities all day long, including a prize raffle, and will be providing a donation to the Boys & Girls Club of Manchester.
The event will kick off with meet-and-greets from 12 – 1:30 p.m. with Manchester’s Mayor Ted Gatsas, Ronald McDonald and Max from the Manchester Monarchs. McDonald’s of Manchester will also be providing the first 50 customers arriving after noon with 50 free extra value meal cards, and will be holding a raffle with prizes that include a 40-inch Samsung Flat Screen TV, a children’s bicycle, Manchester Monarchs hockey tickets, tickets to Disney on Ice at the Verizon Center in Manchester, and more! DJs from 95.7 WZID will also be on site playing music from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
The week of the event McDonald’s will be offering the following specials.
- ALL WEEK: $.50 ice cream cones, $2.99 Happy Meals and $1 any size coffee
- Monday (12/15): Buy One, Get One Free Quarter Pounder with Cheese
- Tuesday (12/16): Free Medium Fry and Medium Soft Drink with the purchase of a Bacon Clubhouse Chicken Sandwich or Bacon Clubhouse Burger
- Wednesday (12/17): $.50 Hamburgers and $.55 Cheeseburgers from 4-9 p.m. (Limit 4 per customer)
- Thursday (12/18): Buy One, Get One Free Quarter Pounder with Cheese
- Friday (12/19): Buy One, Get One Free Filet O’ Fish Sandwich
- Saturday (12/20): Buy One, Get One Free Big Mac, $1 Small Smoothie
- Sunday (12/21): Free Medium Fry and Medium Soft Drink with the purchase of a Bacon Clubhouse Chicken Sandwich or Bacon Clubhouse Burger
History lesson: Brothers Richard and Maurice McDonald of Manchester, NH, sons of Irish immigrants, founded the McDonald’s barbecue restaurant in California in 1940. In 1955 the brothers sold the franchise rights to Ray Kroc, who grew the business. The South Willow Street McDonald’s is New Hampshire’s first McDonald’s restaurant, established in 1964.