Overturned heat lamp inside Hanover Street apartment sets off alarm, alerts neighbor to danger

Sign Up For Our FREE Daily eNews!

File Photo

MANCHESTER, NH – At 12:30 a.m. on April 11 fire crews responded to a report of an apartment fire at 341 Hanover St. District Fire Chief Michael Gamache said an alert neighbor heard a smoke detector sounding and went to apartment 7 to investigate. The neighbor smelled smoke and called 911.

Fire crews arrived to the six-unit building and smelled smoke coming from the apartment. Fire crews forced entry and discovered a fire in apartment 7. There were no occupants inside the apartment.

Quick work by the fire crews opening up and extinguished the fire within a short period of time.

The fire was caused by a heat lamp that was tipped over, landing face down on the hardwood floor igniting the floor. Estimated damage was $1,500.

A full box assignment was deployed consisting of 4 engines, 2 ladders, 1 rescue, 1 District Chief.

 

 

 

 

About this Author

manchester-fire-department

Manchester Fire Department

The mission of the Manchester Fire Department is to provide the City of Manchester with superior customer service and integrated emergency response to any situation that threatens the life, safety and well-being of people and property.

Facebook