This week’s round-up of live entertainment in and around Manchester is brought to you by A. Robert Dionne of Ted Herbert Music School & Rentals. If you know of something brewing on the live music scene, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. You can also list your music event in InkLink’s community calendar.
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 4th
- Paul Nelson / Currier (Manchester) / 5pm
- Austin McCarthy / Fratello’s (Manchester) / 5:30pm
- Mike Gallant / Village Trestle (Goffstown) / 6pm
- Jessica Olson / Homestead (Merrimack) / 6pm
- Paul Driscoll / To Share Brewing Company (Manchester) / 6:30pm
- Pat Dowling / The Goat (Manchester) / 7pm
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 5th
- Chris O’Neill / Lazy Lion (Deerfield) / 5pm
- Eric Marcs / The Foundry (Manchester) / 6pm
- Kimayo / Backyard Brewery (Manchester) / 6pm
- Martin and Kelly / Bonfire (Manchester) / 7pm
- Nicole Knox Murphy / Auburn Pitts (Auburn) / 7pm
- Rainbow Friday / Area 23 (Concord) / 7pm
- BJ Magoon & Driving Sideways / Strange Brew (Manchester) / 9pm
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 6th
- Paul Driscoll / Great North Aleworks (Manchester) / 4pm
- Ze Ivan / Liquid Therapy (Nashua) / 5pm
- Lucas Gallo / To Share Brewing Company (Manchester) / 5pm
- The Slakas / Stumble Inn (Londonderry) / 8pm
- Jonny Friday / South Side Tavern (Manchester) / 8pm
- Chad Lamarsh / Derryfield (Manchester) / 8pm
- DeadBeat / Pasta Loft (Milford) / 9pm
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 7th
- Marc Apostolides / Copper Door (Bedford) / 11am
- Tombstone / Sawbelly (Exeter) / 3pm
- Dave Glannon / Village Trestle (Goffstown) / 3:30pm
Always be sure to check a venue’s website or Facebook page for last minute changes.
The Palace Theatre
80 Hanover Street ~ www.palacetheatre.org (603)668-5588
MAMMA MIA / October 15-November 14 (Mainstage)
- ABBA’s hits tell the hilarious story of a young woman’s search for her birth father. This sunny and funny tale unfolds on a Greek island paradise. On the eve of her wedding, a daughter’s quest to discover the identity of her father brings three men from her mother’s past back to the island they last visited 20 years ago. The story-telling magic of ABBA’s timeless songs propels this enchanting tale of love, laughter and friendship, creating an unforgettable show. A large cast, non-stop laughs and explosive dance numbers combine to make Mamma Mia! a guaranteed smash hit for any theatre. A mother. A daughter. Three possible dads. And a trip down the aisle you’ll never forget!
THE NUTCRACKER / November 19-21
A CHRISTMAS CAROL / November 26-December 22
RECYCLED PERCUSSION / December 27-January 8
The Majestic Theatre
880 Page Street ~ www.majestictheatre.net (603)669-7469
ALL TOGETHER NOW / November 12-13
- Join us Friday, November 12th and Saturday, November 13th for our 16th Annual Auction & Performance Fundraiser. All Together Now! is a global celebration of local theatre. Come enjoy performances by Majestic’s Adult, Teen, & Youth Actors, Silent Auctions, and Raffles – all to benefit future arts and music opportunities for the community.
OVER THE RIVER AND THROUGH THE WOODS / November 19-21
- Nick is a single, Italian-American guy from New Jersey. His parents retired and moved to Florida. That doesn’t mean his family isn’t still in Jersey. In fact, he sees both sets of his grandparents every Sunday for dinner. This is routine until he has to tell them that he’s been offered a dream job. The job he’s been waiting for—marketing executive—would take him away from his beloved, but annoying, grandparents. He tells them. The news doesn’t sit so well. Thus begins a series of scheme to keep Nick around. How could he betray his family’s love to move to Seattle, for a job, wonder his grandparents? Well, Frank, Aida, Nunzio and Emma do their level best, and that includes bringing to dinner the lovely—and single—Caitlin O’Hare as bait…we won’t give the ending away here.
The Rex Theatre
23 Amherst Street ~ www.rextheatre.org (603)668-5588
FRIDAY NIGHT COMEDY with CAROLYN PLUMMER & FRIENDS / NOVEMBER 5th at 7:30pm
- Carolyn Plummer. God help us. Some comics rely on the monumental events of the day or the faux pas of the rich and famous. Not Carolyn. Carolyn pulls material from the hum-drum, day-to-day monotony of the life of everyman; and she does it well. To Carolyn the monumental is easy… it’s our existence that’s so hard, yet so ridiculous. Some women look in the mirror and complain that they aren’t pretty enough, not rich enough, not young enough. Carolyn gives her reflection the finger.
THE U2 SHOW / NOVEMBER 6th at 7:30 PM
- THE U2 SHOW plays ALL of U2’s hits, and some of the more popular B-sides as well. The band is made up of fanatical U2 fans that happen to be amazing musicians as well and while it doesn’t take amazing musicianship to physically perform U2 music it does take a huge amount of dedication and studying to EMULATE U2’s original one-of-a-kind sounds. The U2 show’s Guitarist has been studying and perfecting the sounds of “The Edge” for the past 20 years in and out of various U2 tribute bands. The Lead singer for The U2 Show is known as one of only TWO U2 tribute vocalists that Bono himself has acknowledged as “amazing”. They’ve both toured with many U2 tribute bands as fill in guitarist and/or vocalist, and they’ve both covered the Guitarist and Vocalist positions for many U2 tribute bands seamlessly when called upon to do so. They’ve become known as the “go to guys” by other U2 tributes around the world whenever a U2 tribute band needs a fill-in “Bono” or “The Edge”. “THE U2 SHOW” is the closest you’ll ever get to hiring the band U2.
MUSIC: HOLLYWOOD NIGHTS – Bob Seger Tribute / NOVEMBER 6th at 8pm
- Tupelo Music Hall / www.tupelohall.com
- Hollywood Nights – The Bob Seger Experience is the ultimate tribute to Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band. This 9-piece New Jersey-based powerhouse has set out to re-create everything about Bob and his music right down to the smallest detail. Determined to leave no stone unturned, Hollywood Nights even tours with a baby grand piano. The band prides itself on continuing the amazing groundwork laid down by Bob over the past 30 years. They share the belief that only Bob and his fans have come to know, learn, and love: Represent the voice of every fan, his or her values, working-class background, and the love of rock ‘n’ roll. If you are a true Bob Seger fan, you won’t want to miss Hollywood Nights!
MUSIC: SYMPHONY NH – “Suites and Schubert” / NOVEMBER 6th at 7:30pm
- Symphony New Hampshire will present “Suites and Schubert” at St. Mary and Archangel Michael Coptic Orthodox Church (39 Chandler St. in Nashua).
- Tickets: $30 ($25 for seniors; children 18 or younger get in free).
FAMILY EVENT: TOE JAM PUPPET SHOW / NOVEMBER 4th at 1pm
- The Pembroke Town Library (313 Pembroke St. in Pembroke; 485-7851,
pembroke-nh.com/library) will present the Toe Jam Puppet Band Variety Show in the library’s parking lot. Dress warmly and bring chairs for a show with the “wacky and wild” band.
COMEDY THIS WEEKEND:
- Kenny Rogerson / Chunky’s (Manchester) / November 5th and 6th at 8:30pm
- Kyle Crawford / Chunky’s (Nashua) / November 5th and 6th at 8:30pm
- Brian Beaudion Headliners / DoubleTree by Hilton (Manchester) / Nov. 6th at 8:30pm
Email your entertainment events to email@example.com for consideration. Be sure to add your events to the InkLink calendar for possible inclusion in the live radio report on WMNH 95.3 (The Morning Show with Peter White – “World of Entertainment” LIVE every Thursday at 8am).