CONCORD, NH – Due to an overwhelming customer response to notices from the NH Department of Transportation regarding the possible end of service life for decade-old E-ZPass transponders, the NHDOT is extending by two months the date at which non-working transponders (tags) will no longer receive the NH E-ZPass toll discount.
After November 1, 2015, New Hampshire E-ZPass account holders with non-working transponders will have tolls on NH Turnpikes applied at the full toll rate, instead of the discount rate (30 percent for passenger vehicles and 10 percent for commercial vehicles).
Customers with transponders have been encouraged to test and/or replace transponders purchased in 2005 if their tag is not being read in the lane to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective toll transactions.
New Hampshire E-ZPass customers should note the following:
- The toll lane message “Unpaid Call E-ZPASS” is the most convenient way to determine if a transponder is not working.
- There is NO deadline for replacing 10-year old transponders.
- If a transponder is working, there is NO urgency to replace it.
- NH transponders not working after 11/1/2015 will not receive the NH toll discount.
- There is an on-line option for purchasing replacement transponders (up to 4 per account).
Replacement transponders can be ordered on-line at www.ezpassnh.com.
Transponders can be tested at E-ZPass Walk-In Centers in Nashua, Hooksett, and Portsmouth. All three Walk-In Centers will offer extended hours for transponder battery testing and purchasing transponders on Saturday, August 29, 2015 from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.
You’re one click away! Sign up for our free eNewsletter and never miss another thing.