CONCORD, NH – The New Hampshire Department of Education will announce the 2021 New Hampshire Teacher of the Year on Friday, October 23 at 1 p.m. on the State House Lawn.
The six finalists will gather on the State House Lawn to be recognized for their excellence in the classroom, and for one of them to be named the 2021 New Hampshire Teacher of the Year. Geskus Studios and Yearbook Publishing is proud to partner with the Department of Education to sponsor the New Hampshire Teacher of the Year program. This national and statewide award builds community awareness of our state’s finest educators, while providing positive messages about the teaching profession.
The 2021 New Hampshire Teacher of the Year Finalists are:
- Alyssa Balboni, Third-Fourth Grade, Parker-Varney, Manchester
- Danielle Boutin, ELL, Ledge Street School, Nashua
- Sarah Carlson, Third Grade, Plymouth Elementary
- Kathleen McCaffrey-Pomerleau, Second Grade, Main Street School, Exeter
- Benjamin Rodon, Humanities, Amherst Middle School
- Tina Sturdivant, Biology, Pinkerton Academy, Derry
- Jay Keough, Criminal Justice, Spaulding High School R.W. Creteau Regional Technology Center, Rochester