MANCHESTER, NH – Since 2016 marks the 100th anniversary of the first NH Primary, the New Hampshire Institute of Politics at Saint Anselm College has joined with AARP New Hampshire to sponsor The New Hampshire Primary 100th Anniversary Essay Contest.
Students enrolled in civics, U.S. Government, or politics courses in grades 9-12 are invited to submit an essay about New Hampshire’s first-in-the-nation presidential primary and the important civic role that New Hampshire citizens play in nominating our president. Students are encouraged to explore the greater significance of the primary and why political participation truly matters.
350 words, double-spaced
• 12-point font, Times New Roman
• cover sheet which must include name, home address with zip code, email address, phone number, name of school (or the word “homeschooled”), title of course, grade, and word count of essay
• only one essay per student
Essays are due on February 2, 2015 by 11:59 p.m.
To submit a PDF electronically:
Subject line: 100th Primary Essay Contest
To submit via mail:
100th Primary Essay Contest
New Hampshire Institute of Politics
Saint Anselm College
100 Saint Anselm Drive #1802
Manchester, NH 03102
1st Place: iPad
• 2nd Place: $100 Amazon gift card
• 3rd Place: $50 Amazon gift card
Two Honorable Mentions: $25 Amazon gift card