MANCHESTER, NH – More than two-dozen candidates made it official on the first day of filing for the 2017 Municipal Election (see list below). There’s still plenty of time to throw your hat into the ring (filing period closes July 21, 2017 at 5 p.m.)
Opportunities abound to get involved for those interested in running for the positions of mayor, ward and at-large aldermen, school committee, moderators, clerks, selectmen and school committeemen.
For those still on the fence, or who’ve filed their paperwork and are now looking for some pro tips, there is a local resource available – Candidate Boot Camp. It’s the brainchild of co-founders Jon DiPietro and Andrew Provencher, with some expert guidance from longtime political strategists Sarah Stewart and Chris Stewart (the latter of which just announced his candidacy for the Ward 1 Alderman seat). The online course ($497) provides three hours of video training, a 197-pages of downloadable worksheets, checklists, and templates, and admission into their “super-secret Facebook mastermind group.”
More information on the Candidate Boot Camp here.
We’ll bring you daily updates as the list of candidates grows.
Today’s highlights reel: Five of the Ward Aldermen seats already have two candidates on file:
- Ward 4: Incumbent Alderman Chris Herbert and Stephen Mathieu have filed.
- Ward 9: Incumbant Alderman Barbara Shaw and retired Manchester Fire Chief James Burkush have filed.
- Ward 10: Incumbant Alderman Bill Barry and State Rep. Tammy Simmons have filed.
- Ward 11: Incumbant Alderman Norm Gamache and former Alderman Russ Ouellette have filed.
- Ward 12: Incumbent Alderman Keith Hirshmann and Hassan Essa have filed.
The complete list of candidate filings is embedded below.