Monarchs Cannot Duplicate Early Goal in Wednesday Loss

Sign Up For Our FREE Daily eNews!

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Sam Kurker in front of goal on Dec. 27, 2017 (credit – Andy Camp)

The Manchester Monarchs’ winning streak was snapped on Wednesday night as they fell 3-1 to the Adirondack Thunder.

Monarchs’ captain David Kolomatis quickly capitalized on an early Ty Loney penalty, grabbing the game’s first goal after only 25 seconds.

Loney redeemed himself 88 seconds after that, turning the tables with a power play goal of his own, his 15th goal of the season.

James Henry added a shorthanded goal for the Thunder 6:26 into the first period, and that would be the last goal until Troy Bourke’s even-strength score 3:14 in the third period concluded the score line.

Although that was it for the goals, a pair of fights later in the period resulted in game misconducts for Adirondack’s Mike Bergin and Manchester’s Martin Nemcik and Craig Wyszomirski, with discipline from the league likely coming in the next few days due to the lateness of the altercations.

With the loss, Manchester (19-10-1-1) remains at 40 points, halfway to the likely 80 points needed for a playoff berth and six points ahead of Wheeling and Adirondack in the North Division standings.

The Monarchs return to action Saturday, Dec. 30 (7:05 p.m.) when they travel to Worcester, Mass. to take on the Worcester Railers.



About Andrew Sylvia 1613 Articles
Born and raised in the Granite State, Andrew Sylvia has written approximately 10,000 pieces over his career for outlets across Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Vermont. On top of that, he's a licensed notary and license to sell property, casualty and life insurance, he's been a USSF trained youth soccer and futsal referee for the past six years and he can name over 60 national flags in under 60 seconds according to that flag game app he has on his phone, which makes sense because he also has a bachelor's degree in geography (like Michael Jordan). He can also type over 100 words a minute on a good day.