In preparation for the upcoming primary election on September 11, 2018, we’ll be running down the who, what, where, and when in our weekly campaign round-up — the pre-game show for the state general election on November 6, 2018.
Congressional District 1
- Eddie Edwards (R) was endorsed by Sen. Ted Cruz and by Rick Santorum, a former Senator and candidate for President.
- Mindi Messmer (D) was endorsed by the NH House Progressive Caucus and Dr. Marc Hiller, Professor of Public Health at UNH. She will host a “Brews and Qs” at Consuelo’s Taqueria, 36 Amherst Street, Manchester, on Friday, August 10 from 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM. She will speak about “Clean Water, Clean Campaign” at Merrimack Town Hall on Wednesday, August 15 at 7:00 PM.
- Chris Pappas (D) was endorsed by Sen. Maggie Hassan. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, Congresswoman Annie Kuster, and the American Federation of Teachers-New Hampshire. Pappas will appear at a Manchester house party on August 14 at 5:30 PM, and at The Bookery, 844 Elm Street on August 20 at 5:30 PM.
- The Manchester Democratic Party will host a forum on August 30. Time and location is TBD.
- Jilletta Jarvis (L) will host a rally, Save Our Children, on Saturday, August 10 at 1 p.m. at the State House courtyard in Concord, to support reforming the state Division for Children, Youth and Families (DCYF). It will include a donation drive for Bikers Against Child Abuse. RSVP.
- Molly Kelly (D) was endorsed by Planned Parenthood New Hampshire Action Fund and AFT-NH.
- Steve Marchand (D) was interviewed by Adam Sexton on WMUR.
- Steve Marchand (D) and Molly Kelly (D) will speak to the Manchester Democrats on Saturday, August 11 at 10 a.m. at 167 Elm St.
Executive Council District 4
- Gray Chynoweth was endorsed by Run for Something.
- Garth Corriveau will be at a house party at 96 Eve Street on Sunday, August 19 at 4 p.m. He was endorsed by SEIU 1984 and Professional Firefighters of NH.
- Gray Chynoweth and Garth Corriveau appeared in a recorded August 9 forum at the Public Library co-sponsored by Rights & Democracy and Manchester Ink Link.
- David Boutin (R-16) will attend the NHGOP roast of Governor Sununu on Thursday, August 30.
- Carla Gericke (R-20) gave a speech in front of City Hall.
- Donna Soucy (D-18) – The state Senate Democratic Caucus selected Soucy as interim Senate Minority Leader, since Sen. Jeff Woodburn stepped down. Soucy will headline the Annual Sweeney Post Kick-Off, 251 Maple Street on Monday, August 27.
- Jackie Chretien (D-District 42) was endorsed by Run for Something.
- Willis Griffith (D-Ward 11) will hold a campaign countdown celebration at Fricker’s Neighborhood Grill, 250 Dubuque Street, on Saturday, August 11 at 6:30 p.m. RSVP
- Candace Moulton (D-District 44) was endorsed by Run for Something. She was on The Weekly Dion.
- Iz Piedra (D-2) was endorsed by Run for Something
- Matt Wilhelm (D-District 42) was endorsed by Run for Something. He was on The Weekly Dion.
- The Manchester Young Democrats will launch canvassing for Jackie Chretian and Matt Wilhelm (Wards 1, 2, and 3), Iz Piedra (Ward 2), Josh Query (Ward 9, and Nicole Klein (Ward 4) on Saturday, August 18 at 10 AM, location TBD, RSVP
Need to register to vote?
Filing Deadlines for nomination papers:
- August 8, 2018 – Last day to submit signed nomination papers to Supervisors of the Checklist in town or city
- August 29, 2018 – Supervisors must have nomination papers certified for candidates and organizations
- September 5, 2018 – Last day to file certified nomination papers with Secretary of State’s Office
Are you campaigning for office?
We welcome your news for next week’s column. Send your campaign news and events to Laura Aronson.
ManchesterInkLink reaches more than 70,000 unique monthly visitors. Get the most bang for your political advertisement buck. Learn more here.