MANCHESTER, NH – The Manchester City Marathon will be held on Sunday, November 6, 2016. The marathon starts at 8:50 a.m. and will last until approximately 2:30 p.m. The marathon will cause traffic delays in certain parts of the city, so please be aware of the following street closures and areas affected, and where to park:
Elm Street will be closed from Bridge Street to Lake Avenue for the entire length of the event. There will be significant delays crossing the Granite Street Bridge throughout the day. The Bridge Street Bridge will be closed for a portion of the day, so motorists are urged to use the Amoskeag Bridge or the Queen City Bridge while the marathon takes place.
Race Day Parking: Available at all public Manchester City Parking locations. There is no parking on Elm Street.
The marathon encompasses the entire City but may cause significant traffic delays in the following areas:
- River Road
- Hooksett Road in the area of Livingston Park
- Hanover Street, from Mammoth Road to Elm Street
- Mammoth Road, from Bridge Street to Lake Avenue
- South Main Street, from Walker Street to Blaine Street
- McGregor Square, from Bridge Street to Bremer Street
- Hanover Street, from Maple Street to Elm Street will be restricted and should be avoided.
Motorists are encouraged to minimize driving on the aforementioned streets during the marathon. Motorists are also encouraged to seek alternate routes, such as the interstate system, to reach opposite areas of the city. Officers will be instructed to work with the motoring public, especially in the Elm Street area, to accommodate those who live in the immediate vicinity or wish to like to visit local businesses.