Man robbed at gunpoint by four teens on Depot Street

Sign Up For Our FREE Daily eNews!


MANCHESTER, NH – Jafet Centeno, 18, of Manchester, was arrested, along with three juveniles, after an incident of armed robbery Sunday night.

According to a Manchester Police narrative, police responded Oct. 30 to the area of Elm and Depot streets around 9:40 p.m. for an armed robbery. Officer Matthew McDonald located four individuals walking westerly on the Granite Street Bridge moments after the robbery was reported by the victim, a 25-year-old Manchester man.

The victim stated he was parked at the end of Depot Street when four individuals approached him. He stated one of the young men had pointed a black handgun at him while demanding cash, so he handed them his wallet, which contained a small amount of cash and credit cards. He provided a brief description of the four individuals, which was relayed to the officers on the street.

Officer McDonald located four teenagers on the Granite Street Bridge shortly after the call was dispatched. He made contact with the four men and ordered them to stop on the bridge. Three of the four parties complied while the fourth person continued walking away from the officer. Officer McDonald caught up with the non-compliant 18 year-old and sat him on the ground while additional officers arrived on scene. The 18-year old was identified as Jafet Centeno, 18, of Manchester. He was taken into custody and charged with conspiracy to commit robbery and resisting arrest/detention. He will appear in the 9th Circuit Court-Manchester on October 31, 2016.

Officer McDonald located an unloaded .45 caliber handgun on one of the juveniles. The three juveniles were taken into custody and placed at YDSU. Officer Ryan Brandreth and his K-9 Colt located the victim’s wallet a short time later. The wallet was returned to Fitzgerald.

About this Author

Carol Robidoux

PublisherManchester Ink Link

Longtime NH journalist and publisher of Loves R&B, German beer, and the Queen City!