20-mile chase to Nashua ends with crash into police cruiser, drug charge

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

MPD Misc-0027MANCHESTER, NH –George Bally, 60, of Nashua, was involved in a police chase that started in Manchester and ended with a crash in Nashua. In between, there was a hit-and-run in Manchester, methamphetamine found in his car, and a crash with a police cruiser.

At approximately 11:05 a.m. on Monday, March 16, 2015, Troopers working a construction detail along 293 South in the City of Manchester in the area of Exit 5 attempted to stop a blue 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee bearing Massachusetts license plates for reckless operation.

The Cherokee almost struck Trooper Doug Schack’s marked cruiser that was parked in a lane closer where construction was being done.  As Trooper Schack attempted to stop the Cherokee by pulling in behind him with his lights and siren activated, the vehicle pulled into the closed lefthand lane and accelerated through the construction zone.

George Bally

As the Cherokee accelerated through the construction zone, it almost sideswiped Trooper First Class Scott Tracy’s cruiser and passed extremely close to two construction workers.   Troopers pursued the Cherokee southbound along 293 and onto the Everett Turnpike South.  Troopers attempted to deploy spike strips just north of the Bedford Tolls in order to stop the vehicle, but the driver was able to avoid the spike strips and continue southbound on the Everett Turnpike.

Merrimack Police, Nashua Police as well as the Massachusetts State Police were notified of the pursuit.

State Police continued to pursue the Cherokee south along the Everett to Nashua  where police were waiting in the areas of Exit 6 and Exit 5 to assist.

The Cherokee exited the Everett Turnpike at the Exit 5 East off ramp.  Once in Nashua, Nashua Police joined in the pursuit blocking off key intersections and pursuing the Jeep  past several streets until the Cherokee crashed into a parked vehicle on Pine Street before backing into a Nashua cruiser.

State Police continued to pursue the Cherokee until it crashed into a fence along a dirt section of 2nd Street and finally stopped a short distance later.

George Bally, 60, of Nashua, sustained no injury from the crash and refused medical treatment.

Upon conducting an inventory search of the vehicle, police found a quantity of suspected methamphetamine.

Troopers did not know that Bally was wanted for a hit-and-run crash that occurred minutes earlier in Manchester.  Bally is facing additional charges from Manchester Police for that incident.

Bally is also being charged in two separate jurisdictions (Manchester and Nashua) by the State Police.  His charges include four counts of felony reckless conduct; two counts of conduct after an accident; disobeying an officer, and a felony charge of possession of a controlled drug with intent to distribute.  Bally refused bail and will be held at the Valley Street Jail until his pending arraignment scheduled for March 17.

email boxYou’re one click away! Sign up for our free eNewsletter and never miss another thing


Support Local News! Send Money!

About Carol Robidoux 5855 Articles
Longtime NH journalist and publisher of ManchesterInkLink.com. Loves R&B, German beer, and the Queen City!