Man charged with stalking after following women across bridge, into 7-Eleven

Sign Up For Our FREE Daily eNews!


MANCHESTER, NH – Nicky Ziegler, 33, No Fixed Address was arrested May 31, charged with two counts of stalking, after he allegedly followed two women over the Granite Street Bridge and into the 7-Eleven at 85 South Main Street.

According to police two women who were not acquainted prior to the incident, shared an umbrella as they both walked westerly on the Granite Street Bridge at about 2:35 p.m. One of the women, age 45, was walking her dog when she noticed the younger woman, age 21, walking in the rain, so she offered to share her umbrella as they continued west on Granite Street. The two women continued walking toward Dunkin Donuts when they noticed Ziegler was following them.

The two women began talking and realized neither of them recognized Zeigler. His behavior and close proximity to them (less than a foot behind them) caused both to grow suspicious of his intent. They walked to the Burns High-rise, 55 S. Main Street, in an attempt to call police. Unfortunately, they entered the locked vestibule as Zeigler followed them inside of the confined space.

Both women felt uneasy as Zeigler followed them into the building, so they exited the building and immediately walked into the 7-Eleven. The incident caused the younger woman to lock herself in the bathroom until police arrived on scene. Ziegler’s pattern of behavior caused both women to fear for their personal safety, so he was arrested and charged with 2 Counts of Stalking.

Zeigler has no fixed address within the State of New Hampshire and was identified through an out of state license. He was scheduled to appear in the 9th Circuit Court-Manchester on June 1, 2015.

email boxYou’re one click away! Sign up for our free eNewsletter and never miss another thing


About this Author

Carol Robidoux

PublisherManchester Ink Link

Longtime NH journalist and publisher of Loves R&B, German beer, and the Queen City!