MANCHESTER, NH — Yesterday a Manchester woman giving away a mattress and box spring on Craigslist was robbed of a loaded firearm. Manchester Police responded to a call at a residence on Eastern Avenue regarding the theft of a firearm. The victim reported that the suspect, in responding to the ad, was allowed into the victim’s apartment to pick up the free bedding.
When the suspect left, the victim realized her loaded firearm had been stolen. The victim provided police with a description of the suspect’s vehicle and its occupants as they left the apartment complex. Officer Dunlap located the suspect’s vehicle as it was leaving the complex and with the assistance of other responding officers, conducted a motor vehicle stop.
The stolen firearm was located and Pablo Ismeal Rodriguez-Vega, 32, of Manchester was taken into custody. Rodriguez-Vega was charged with Receiving Stolen Property Felony (A), Possession of a Weapon by a Felony (B), and Carrying a Firearm without a License (M).
The Manchester Police Department would like to remind those who use social media as a means to buy and sell goods, to exercise caution and safety by following some of these tips:
- Don’t go alone, safety in numbers
- Conduct business at a well lit public place.
- Do not meet in a secluded area.
- Do not invite strangers into your home and do not go to theirs.
- Be cautious when buying/selling high value items.
- Perform the transaction during daylight hours.
- If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Have your cell phone with you