Mall evacuated after several people exposed to carbon monoxide

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Mall of NH evacuation.
Mall of NH evacuation.

MANCHESTER, NH – Shortly after the Mall of New Hampshire opened at 11 a.m. on Oct. 19 employees and customers of Bertucci’s restaurant began noticing symptom of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Alarms sounded inside the restaurant and Manchester Fire Department responded to find reportedly high readings of carbon monoxide in the building – 114 PPM –  which resulted in a mall evacuation. All victims were treated in the parking lot while MFD vented the building and tried to detect/isolate the problem.

This is the second Sunday in a row that Bertucci’s has had the issue and had to evacuate.

After approximately 45 minutes the situation was brought under control. Officials said the issue seems to be in an HVAC unit. Manchester Health Department officials at the scene ordered the restaurant closed due to the issue.

Support Local News! Send Money!

About Carol Robidoux 5854 Articles
Longtime NH journalist and publisher of Loves R&B, German beer, and the Queen City!