The NH Primary season is in full swing and as such, local campaign events are plentiful. Candidates send out lots of news updates including planned appearances, endorsements and fundraising news. In an effort to keep voters up to speed we’ll be generating a weekly round-up of the news that we receive. Look for Primarily NH every Wednesday.
Prime Time Primary
Tuesday night’s Democratic debate featured 10 of the candidates, who received the following ratings from the Boston Globe:
Steve Bullock – A-
Pete Buttigieg – C+
John Delaney, B+
John Hickenlooper – D
Amy Klobuchar – D
Beto O’Rourke – D
Tim Ryan -B
Bernie Sanders – B-
Elizabeth Warren – A-
Marianne Williamson – C+
How did you rate them?
Wednesday night’s lineup includes Cory Booker, Julián Castro, Kirsten Gillibrand, Michael Bennet, Andrew Yang, Bill de Blasio, Tulsi Gabbard, Jay Inslee, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.
Candidates on hiatus from NH
The candidate calendar for NH is light right now as the candidates have been prepping for the debates, with the only confirmed visit at the moment coming up on Aug. 17 when John Delaney will be visiting a cookout in Weare at Moody Pond Marketplace from 1-3 p.m. We expect the calendar to begin filling up fast, so bookmark this handy link, which is updated weekly and easy to find on our home page.
Leader of the Pack
A July 15 Saint Anselm College Survey Center reveals the following:
- Biden leads the ballot test at 21 percent, followed by Harris at 18 percent and Warren at 17 percent; statistical tie between the three considering margin of error
- Buttigieg and Sanders follow at 12 percent and 10 percent, respectively
- Harris and Warren rise from Saint Anselm College Survey Center April poll
- Yang surges to sixth place with 5 percent
- Williamson ahead of Booker, Gabbard, Gillibrand, and others
In advance of Tuesday’s televised Democratic debate, Amy Klobuchar released a comprehensive plan to combat addiction and prioritize mental health, which focuses on prevention and early intervention, treatment and long-term recovery.