MANCHESTER, NH – Now that Memorial Day is behind us, the next big thing is summer, and Intown Manchester has you covered.
The TD Bank/Intown Manchester Summer Fest is back and bigger than ever for 2017, with family-friendly events planned throughout June, July and August.
“Summer Fest is back thanks to the generosity of TD Band, the city of Manchester, and Southern New Hampshire University,” says Intown Manchester Executive Director Sara Beaudry, of the returning major sponsors. “We’re excited to kick-off what is bound to be our best summer yet.”
Highlights this year will include the return of Saturday festivals, Movies Nights in the Park and the new and improved Manchester Community Market, which will launch on June 15 with a ribbon cutting, a giant cake and lots of farm and craft vendors. The market runs every Thursday from 3-6:30 p.m. until Oct. 12.
Beaudry says the premiere Summer Fest kick-off event will be the June 9 return of Manchester’s own Recycled Percussion for a concert in Veterans Park at 7 p.m. Tickets are $35 general admission and on sale now.
The free Concert in the Park series includes three local favorite dance/jam bands, July 13 with Manchuka, a funk-inspired combo, followed by cover band Foreigner’s Journey on July 20, and the Army Rock Bank on July 27. All shows begin at 7 p.m.
In addition to the Thursday night concerts, this year Intown Manchester has again added two free Saturday Music Festivals to the summer events list.
On July 29 the Livin’ Free Fest will feature the Adam Ezra Group and Rustic Over Tones at Veterans Park, from 4-9:30 p.m. On Aug. 26 from 1-10 p.m. come out for the Hottest Day in the Manchester Chili Festival, featuring the best chili from local restaurants and live music by the Jimmy Lehoux Band, Rock Spring and Southern City Band, Amanda McCarthy Band and Walker Smith Music.
For those who prefer a list:
- June 2: Adopt-a-Block (postponed twice since April due to inclement weather). Still time to get in on this one.
- June 9: Recycled Percussion at Veterans Park (ticketed event)
- June 15: Manchester Community Market opens for the season, every Thursday, 3-6:30 p.m.
- July 13: Manchuka at Veterans Park, 7-9:30 p.m.
- July 20: Foreigners Journey, Veterans Park, 7-9:30 p.m.
- July 27: The Army Rock Band at Veterans Park, 7-9:30 p.m.
- July 29: Livin’ Free Festival featuring Adam Ezra Group, Rustic Over Tones and more, 4-9:30 p.m.
- Aug. 12: (NEW) Family Fest: Wizards and Fairies Time 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Aug. 17: Movie Night in the Park (Title to be announced) 7-9 p.m.
- Aug. 24: Movie Night in the Park (Title to be announced) 7-9 p.m.
- Aug. 26: (NEW) The Hottest Day in Manchester Chili Fest featuring Jimmy Lehoux Band, Rock Spring, Southern City Band, Amanda McCarthy Band and Walker Smith Music. 1-9:30 p.m.