Hooksett stand-off ends peacefully after man threatens to shoot girlfriend, self and dog

Neighbors evacuated, and four-hour stand-off ended with arrest.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
File photo

HOOKSETT, NH – At approximately 2 p.m. on Jan. 13, 2019, a woman reported to the Hooksett Police that her live-in boyfriend, Jasmin Biscanin, 55, of Hooksett, had threatened to harm her, their dog and himself with a firearm. She was able to leave the home and come to the police department to report the threats.

Hooksett officers responded to the residence on North Reading Street and attempted to make contact with Biscanin in order to arrest him on the charges. He refused to come out of the house and made threats toward the officers that were on scene.

Due to the nature of the call, Biscanin’s own threats, and the information police had that there were several firearms in the home, police requested the assistance of the Southern New Hampshire Special Operations Unit, which is a regional response team of which Hooksett Police are members.

Locator map: North Reading Street, Hooksett, NH.

Hooksett officers set up a perimeter of the area and began evacuating surrounding homes. Members of the Special Operations Unit arrived at approximately 5:47 p.m. and began negotiating with Biscanin by phone while attempting to get him to surrender peacefully, to which he refused.

At one point Biscanin exited the home, displayed a firearm in his waistband and re-entered the home.

At 10:10 p.m. Biscanin exited his home again and began taunting the officers at the scene. Members of the SOU team deployed less than lethal force, bean bags, and were able to take Biscanin into custody. He was transported back to the Hooksett Police Department where he was booked on the following charges:

  • 2 charges of Reckless Conduct with a deadly weapon
  • 2 charges of Reckless Conduct, Domestic Violence Related
  • 2 charges of Criminal Threatening
  • 2 charges of Criminal Threatening, Domestic Violence Related

Biscanin was held without bail and will be arraigned January 14 at 1 p.m. at the Merrimack County Superior Court.

“I am thankful to the Hooksett officers and members of the Southern NH Special Operations Unit for their professionalism and hard work. It was a very cold night for them to be outside, for an extended period of time, while handling this very active and volatile situation,” said Hooksett Chief of Police Janet Bouchard.

“In situations like this we all strive for a peaceful resolution without any injuries and that is what we are able to obtain tonight. Again, I want to thank members of the SOU team for their assistance and I also want to thank the residents of the neighborhood for their patience and understanding,” Bouchard said.