Granite Street apartment fire sparked by overheated remote control car charger

Sign Up For Our FREE Daily eNews!

File Photo

MANCHESTER, NH — A fire on Granite Street caused damage to a third-floor apartment Wednesday.

Just before 9 p.m. fire crews were dispatched to 512 Granite St. for fire on the third floor of a three-story occupied dwelling.

Locator map

Firefighters found a small fire in a bedroom and quickly extinguished it.

The preliminary determination is that the cause of the fire was an overheated remote-control car charger, which caused an estimated $2,000 in damages.