MANCHESTER, NH – The City of Manchester is hiring a Head Golf Professional for the city-operated Derryfield Country Club. The job pay range is $75,000-125,000 based on the history of the position. The opening comes following the death of Michael Ryan, who passed away in December after many years of service. to the city.
The job posting is below. Click here for all the details.
The Golf Professional will operate and manage the golf operation including employment of golf shop personnel. (This does not include Golf Course Maintenance and Maintenance Staff).
A contract with multiple year employment terms will be negotiated between the Professional and the City of Manchester Department of Public Works, Parks, Recreation & Cemetery Division.
- The Golf Professional agrees to:
- Maintain Status as a member in good standing of PGA (Professional Golfers Association).
- The Golf Professional shall actively promote the game of golf and Derryfield Country Club by organizing and conducting a varied and exciting schedule of golf programs, tournaments and special promotions on a regular basis.
- Devote their time, attention and energies to the performance of duties as Golf Professional during the term of the contract.
- Provide personal and professional liability, personal property worker’s compensation, personal/family health insurance.
- Golf Professional is to provide all applicable taxes for himself and employed personnel.
- Contract for, and oversee the fleet of power carts for rental including handling, fueling, storing and cleaning.
- Operate and maintain a “Golf Shop” to display, sell, rent and supply golf needs.
- Provide services for handling, maintenance, and repairs of golf clubs and equipment.
- Provide golf lessons including private, group and junior.
- Provide janitorial services for golf shop.
- Cover any loss or damage occurring to their merchandise and equipment as well as the property of others while such property is in their possession for repair, cleaning etc.
- Maintain Golf Professional owned equipment.
- Hire, train, supervise and compensate
-Golf Shop Manager or Attendant
- Provide office supplies necessary for the operation of a well-managed pro shop.
- Provide a phone line for pro shop purposes at Golf Professional’s expense.
- Utilize City provided golf software and computer equipment to collect, maintain and report golf course data and pro shop information and statistics.
- Collect greens fees, season permits, and tournament fees for the City of Manchester.
- Schedule, promote, and conduct all tournaments, league activities and other outings as approved by the DPW.
- Provide for rental of handcarts and sets of clubs.
- Maintain monthly financial records
The contract is negotiable with compensation potentials based on a percentage of golf-related sales including memberships, greens fees and outing fees. Revenues and expenses from the pro shop and cart rentals will also be the responsibility of the golf pro leading to additional compensation. Historic total compensation ranged from $75,000 to $125,000 annually.
For additional information contact Don Pinard at Dpinard@manchesternh.gov or at (603) 624-6444 ext.5306.