A group of city residents who belong to the Manchester Happenings Now Facebook group have organized a second “Scarves in the Park” event to be held Feb. 21, from 9:30-11:30 a.m., after the success of their first such event, which happened Feb. 8.
There are some instructions being posted for those who wish to participate:
- Scarf donations should be handmade, gently used or new
- Participants should plan on arriving at different times during the 9:30-11:30 a.m. window so as not to require a permit for a public gathering.
- The majority of scarves needed are for men.
- A drop off center for all donations has been arranged for those unable to attend Saturday’s event. Donations can be left at the receptionist’s desk at New Horizons, 199 Manchester St., Manchester.
- Hot chocolate will be served.
- Donations of other items – hats, warm clothing – can be brought to the park and will be collected and donated.
For more information you can join the Facebook group and post your questions.
You’re one click away! Sign up for our free eNewsletter and never miss another thing