Fire officials: Sagamore Street blaze caused by ‘careless smoking’

Sign Up For Our FREE Daily eNews!

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
File Photo

MANCHESTER, NH — Firefighters were dispatched to 89 Sagamore St. on April 14 at 7:57 p.m. for a reported house fire after a neighbor noticed smoke coming from a third-floor window.

No one was home at the three-story multi-family residence at the time the fire was reported, officials said.

The fire was contained to the third-floor bedroom loft, which was left heavily damaged by fire. The second and first floors sustained water damage.

The cause of the fire was determined to be careless disposal of smoking materials in the third-floor bedroom.

Fire officials estimate the damage at approximately $10,000.

Resources dispatched: 4 engines, 2 Trucks, 1 Rescue, 1 District Chief, 1ALS