Fire displaces residents, businesses at Massabesic Street, cat rescued

Sign Up For Our FREE Daily eNews!

Officials estimate the damage at this Massabesic Street residence at about $100,000. Photo/Jeffrey Hastings

MANCHESTER, NH – Just after 9 a.m. fire crews were dispatched to 74-76 Massabesic Street for a report of smoke in the building.

First arriving companies reported smoke showing in windows on both the second and third floors.

Crews ran a hose line into the building and searched for possible occupants still inside. All occupants were accounted for. One pet cat was rescued and returned to its owner.  Two residents were displaced; one resident will be assisted by Red Cross, the remaining tenant is staying with family. Eversource disconnected power supply to the entire building. The first floor of the building housed a hair salon, and a plumbing and heating company. 

Damages to the building were estimated at $ 100,000. 

About this Author

manchester-fire-department

Manchester Fire Department

The mission of the Manchester Fire Department is to provide the City of Manchester with superior customer service and integrated emergency response to any situation that threatens the life, safety and well-being of people and property.

Facebook