MANCHESTER, NH – Manchester Fire crews responded just before 5 a.m. on Aug. 23 to a report of a chemical release from a cleaning machine for circuit boards at EPE Corp., 645 Harvey Road.
Upon arrival the chemical release was verified and research on this chemical was conducted and confirmed. The problem was found to be an exhaust flue which had been dislodged and the machine was shut down and the chemical was contained. All air levels were monitored and ventilation was performed. No injuries were reported and all personal were decontaminated.
The primary hazard was the chemical residue throughout the lower level of the plant. District Chief Al Poulin estimated the damage at about $100,000.